Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Another Visitor

This week my grandmother, Isabelle's Great grandmother has arrived into town via train, from California. My mom flew down to get her and they took a very scenic route back up to WA. This is her (GGma's) first time seeing Isabelle in person and she is so excited. She couldn't get enough, so she is staying at our house for a week, then will go stay with my parents in GH till the end of June.


Fathers day is going to be a packed day... not only is it Father's Day, and of course grandFather's day, but it is also going to be the day of Isabelle's christening. She is going to be wearing a dress that is well over 100 years old that has been passed down in the family for generations. I will go into more detail on the dress and its history later. After the baptism, there is a dual brunch and then that evening is a party for a friend - his 30th b-day celebration as well as his graduation celebration. I am going somewhere with this, and that is that my grandmother's main reason to be up here is to be a part of the christening.


This is the first of many GGma and baby photos. Isabelle is sporting a purple onesie with butterflies on it. When I was little (and still to this day) my grammy calls me her little butterfly, so when I saw this outfit I had to get it. Don't they look smashing. :)











This last Sunday I was 'hired' to take pictures of a friends' wedding. I got there early, took many shots, some really good and some pretty bad (I am still learning). Eric showed up with Isabelle about 45 min. after the ceremony was over to make a baby appearance, stayed about an hour and then left. That must of been a hard hour, because when I arrived home, this is what I saw... the two of them napping on the floor. I couldn't resit this photo opp.


Same nap with dad, but I focused on the hands... how precious are they...












After SOOO many trials of other cute pics, I have finally succeeded in capturing a photo of Isabelle smiling.

No comments: