Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tahoma

My new school and district are WONDERFUL! I did enjoy my time in Federal Way, learned a lot and gained some important friendships. But Tahoma is amazing! Really!! If you ever want to check out the district the website is www.tahomasd.us

Teaching half time is great, the kids are good... they are kids, you got the talkers, the quiet ones, the smart ones, the lazy ones; you know what I mean. The commute is beautiful... 10 min, 15 if I am following a big truck of school bus. I work with a great science team! They truly are a model of how a team should work. I am in heaven. There are still electives in this district!! foriegn language, art, music, shop, home ec., for starters.

My Classroom is another marvel: It is a true lab with many sinks, tile floor, 10 student computers around the room all accessable to teh internet. There is a teacher computer, but we are each getting a laptop in the next month. There is also a projector in everyroom, which saves us from using the overhead and the white board... kids in the back can see now. ;) All the math teachers have active boards... not real sure how they work, but our math teachers love them. The whole district is going electronic... If kids are absent, there is a website they go to for all the missing assignments and the documents which they can downlaod and still do, no matter where they are.

No comments: