I don't know where the time has gone, but it needs to slow down!!! Isabelle is already eighteen months old.
OK, I am the mom so I get to brag... I don't do it too often, but it is time. We went to her 18 month check up with her doctor and well, they said a lot about how 'awesome' our little girl is! First, they were amazed at her language skills... they said she was talking like a 2 year old and that she is putting together 3 word sentences and that is a much older skill. :) They were amazed at her ability to hold a crayon so well and color with it, and that her fine motor skills are so developed. She was connecting some kid of toy together with out much of a problem. The biggest one though, that the nurse and the nurse practitioner were both amazed at was Isabelle's 'toughness mixed with sweetness.' When they came in to give the flu shot, Isabelle wanted to watch, so I held her arms and she watched them do the whole shot right into the leg, as they do for all of them. Isabelle gave them a look of 'ouch' but never made a peep. When it was all done and the band aid was one, she wanted to give them 'high-5's.' It was so cute! When we were leaving the office a bit later, she blew them all kisses.
Also, we went in about two weeks earlier to get a hieght and weight check... she only gained 6 oz since that trip to this one, but she grew 1 and 1/4 inches in that two week time... no wonder her pants are all high water.
Tis the season, the holidays are here... pictures will be a coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment