... Lasted the whole weekend.
It started Saturday with a brunch at our house, that I cooked for my mom. ( I know.. the word 'cook' in the same sentence as me is a new one, but I do yummy breakfasts!!) There was fruit, muffins and two different Quiches. Then after a nap, we met up with some friends at Olive Garden for dinner. For some odd and yet very wonderful reason, they treated us like VIP. For only four adults and 2 kids, we got a table for 10 in a cove and had 3 waitress' for us. They even gave us our appetizers for free. No complaining here, it was wonderful... the dads had the kids on one side and us moms were on the other, enjoying and relaxing. Of course we did have to do the diaper duty, since there are no changing tables in men's rooms.... what is up with that?? Of course, that is a whole other post and soap box. :)
Sunday began with waffles and juice in bed... lazy morning. Hmmm. Then I went to a local art show in Maple Valley and did the photography for it. I took photos of the art and people looking at the art. It is way harder then that sounds... I didn't want to take the photos of the backs of peoples' heads, or their heads blocking the art... I had to get faces and art work. That proved a bit difficult, but I got some. I'll post them next. Of course, it was easier to accomplish when some people I knew showed up, and I told them where to pose. hahaha
After the art show, I came home, changed and met up with Eric's parents and sisters for dinner at a Greek restaurant. Now I am not a big Greek food fan, but the 'Chop Chop Chicken Kabob' was SUPER!!! And the risoto... YUM
The best part of the weekend was the gift. We ALL know how much I am loving photography and taking pictures... so Eric got me a relfector set. I am going to need to practice a ton! So I volunteered Eric to be my model. hahaha, he doesn't know it yet though. But it came with a DVD, which I watched and am so ready to play.
No comments:
Post a Comment