Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Summer '09

Well, it is now August of this summer, and I ask where has it gone???

June was filled with the end of school and a last minute trip to Montana with my dad for the Train convention. As well we had our first trip to the woodland park zoo too!

July was filled with Grammy time! She came up and stayed with us for 3 weeks where we played and visited lots! There was an awesome first annual PigRoast too!

July was also had the HOTTEST week ever! Maybe it was 2 weeks of hot, I dont know. What I do know is that I somehow got the summer cold from Hades which I still have (going on 3 weeks now though it has gotten a bit better), and unfortunately passed it on. On the hottest day, it was 116 on the front porch and 109 in the shade near the goat pen. It took so much effort to do anything on those days. It stayed a constant 83 (81 if I was lucky) in the house... fans can only do so much. At one point we filled the soaker tub and called it an indoor pool. So needless to stay, the end of July remained uneventful... though Eric tore out our back deck. We have designed our new deck, which will be bigger and way nicer than what was there. The heat wave stopped ALL PRODUCTION on building the new one. But of course, we came up with a new project to postpone the deck even a bit longer... pressure washing the house and painting it (yes, ourselves). So that is the next two weekends, if it is managable weather and then we do the deck. :)

So now we are in August... painting of the house and the deck building are the plans... of course summer is always cut short by the teacher trainings at the end of the month. :(

Other news worthy pieces, Isabelle is on her way to being potty trained, though the only way it works is when we say no diaper on, and just let her run around... then she will go and sit on the potty if she needs to do a number 1. That is a good start!!!

1 comment:

K T said...

Glad to hear you have made progress with the potty training... that can be hard to do!
Congrats on the house projects-cannot wait to see them!
Sorry about your hot weather, wish I could send my A/C over to you!!