Yesterday, Isabelle and I did a tiny bit of rearranging in her room, what I could do under my circumstances of being prego... so no lifting of anything... but I did unload books and toys from shelves, moved them into other corners and such. We made a space for the twin bed. Today, the 'big girl bed' (twin size - no wasting of money on a toddler bed) arrived at 1:15 (yeah for sleep country!! they showed in the beginning of their 1-3pm window). They brought it all in, set it up and placed it in the space waiting. Then Eric put together the safety guard rails and on went the lavender sheets and case on the pillow and bed was ready!
Isabelle was ready for her nap too, she was so EXCITED to climb in and get on her pillow and under the pillows. So we said night night and night night she went! She slept for 3 hours and the best of all... NO BA!!! (AKA pacifier). We have been talking to her for a few weeks now that the 'ba' is going to go to the 'ba' fairy when the big bed got here. She didn't even ask for it. :)
Here's hoping that tonight will be just as successful.
The one thing that we learned in all this... Don't move / rearrange too much in one day. We wanted to move in a bookshelf that is currently in the guest room (soon to be another nursery), so we emptied it and then went to move the rocking chair in Isabelle's room so to put the shelves behind it. Turns out that that was WAY TOO much for her. She went beyond the pouting, she went straight into crying and freaking out. Daddy put the rocking chair back and she was fine again, through many tears. That may have to wait till next weekend.
Because of that, there will be no pictures until her room gets more rearranged and uncluttered from all the piles I made. And we will take out the crib too... but for now, we are leaving it in there, just in case big bed has a bad night. (at least for a week).
I'll keep you posted on all the fun and possible turmoil... all the possibilities that can happen when there are no longer four rails to keep a kid in bed... hmmmmm.
1 comment:
Great!!!! I cannot believe how much she is growing up!
I love how once you get her potty trained, and out of the crib... you get to start it all over again! Let the wild rumpus begin (again)!
Post a Comment