So... Sunday night, oh, about 8:15pm, Isabelle was taking a bath and I was throwing the clothes from the washer to the dryer, I figured I must of leaned a little too far to grab the clothes and peed a little... however... as I quickly attempted to get to the bathroom I was realizing that my water had broken... since I don't usually soak through my pants when I have to go. ;) Wow... that was interesting to say the least!!! (never dialted or went into labor with Isabelle... I was induced with her).
(side note: at this point I had been in pre-labor for two weeks and for the previous 3 days, dialted to 6 cm and having contractions, just not regular ones, but strong ones. I was glad that I scheduled my last day to be the Friday before... just in case)
Anyways, we called the hospital told them the details and they said get in there ASAP... they were worried that he would come during the car ride since we are about 40 minutes away. I grabed some towels, clean pants (which did not stay dry for very long) packed up Isabelle and our bags and more towels and headed to the hospital. Isabelle was so cute! The whole way to the hospital she kept saying that we were going to the baby store to get her baby brother. We called our parents on the way to let them know we were on our way. Once we got there, we had to wait about 20 or so minutes until they took us back to a room... I found some tile to stand on, so the clean up would be easier then on the carpet... again I say WOW, what a weird feeling, every step, really??? Had to love my towel skirt though, I was a fashion statement!
So back we all went to our room where they hooked me up and did the tests, put in the IV (ouch) and whatever else they do and told us we were staying... so we called Eric's parents to come get Isabelle. Yes, she was still with us, loving being at the 'baby store' and eatting the jello! So about 11pm, off she went with his parents and in came the epidural guy. Goota love him... It was busy that night too, but somehow I got first service all night long. Guess the 6cm made them anxious, who knows. To make this long story short, some time in the 1am hour the nurses called the doctor and said I was ready and at 2:07am William Michael was born. Only 2 pushes and some laughter and he was out. Ok, so you read the word laughter and I bet got a weird look on your face. The nurses and dr got that same look on their faces too as I was laughing. But it is funny when people are holding your legs, you see them up and you can't feel a thing!! Then when the nurse holding one side has to grab something for the dr, props your leg up and it slowly starts slipping down and then falls right off the bed and again, you have no control and can't feel it... it is funny, so I laughed. Laughed William right out. It was a type of pushing. I will say that I am glad that I refused to loopy drug this time... I don't remember much of Isabelle's birth because of it. Plus that drug made me pass out on a few occasions during birth where they had to put full oxygen on me... not fun. So this time, I remember it all and it seems that recovery went way smoother too!
So after the birth, they cleaned him all up and about an hour later we were moved to the recovery room. Parents were called and woken up at 4 in the morning as instructed. Eric, of course fell right to sleep on the pull-out cot and I stayed awake for many more hours as nurses and dr's made their rounds in and out of our room. I finally got an hour between 6 and 7am and Eric woke up about 10am. The first afternoon was filled with guests; both sets of parents, special alone time with Isabelle to meet her new brother, Eric's sister Karen, the Crowe's (Allie held Isabelle within her first few hours, so we had to keep tradition going) and my friend Venise.
The next morning (ahhh, I got a good 4 hours (I honstly felt refreshed) and Eric had 6 hours) we took our lazy time to get ready and made sure that William's first little procedure went without a hitch (to those that don't have clue here, his circumcision) and we were discharged around noon. We went to get Isabelle from nana and papa's and then made it home!!
Enjoy the photos!









Two of our visitors
1 comment:
I have been WAITING for this!!!!!!!!! Thank you! Oh I cannot tell you how glad I am that this birth went well and that the recovery went well too-now no more laughing for at least a few weeks :) He is just precious, and very handsome! I still cannot believe when I read, "my baby boy"-you have a boy now too! OH MY GOSH!
Yay! Enjoy, rest, relax, and good luck with feeling refreshed at home! Congratulations Eric and Laura!
Post a Comment