Lately we have had the regular WA rain, which has been a nice change from the winter snow storm we had. However last week... weird!!! The weekend prior, it was rainy (normal amount, off and on), then we had a beautiful couple of days! I mean gorgeous -- too bad we were all inside at work, gorgeous. Then we wake up to 3 inches of snow... so much that they (school officials) called a 2 hour delay, then an hour later cancelled school completely. Then we had a nice day, very sunny, but below freezing so there was no going outside to play. Then this last weekend it rained again, washing all the snow away. On top of that... the weekend was more than gusty... the winds were up to 60mph at times. We are shocked that no trees fell. Now we come to Monday and today... both beautiful!!! Yesterday, I had to work, but today Isabelle and I had a great time. We took a long walk up the road, played with a neighbor boy, kept going till we meet up with our neighbors Alpaca farm. Of course, I brought the camera.
Then it was time to come home... she was hungry and tired. She ate, I put her down for her nap, and as I write this, down comes the rain, drizzling first, into to larger and larger drops.
I guess our after nap play date is postponed till the next WA sunny day.
Enjoy!

The following are all from today










The walk home we found rocks (I know... gravel road) to throw in the pothole puddles... great time!

1 comment:
Thanks for the update! There are definitely times that I do not miss Washington-and their random weather is part of it... especially the days that seem to rain constantly or are dreary and gloomy for long periods of time. But boy, there is nothing like a beautiful day in Washington!
We just had a crazy thunderstorm this weekend-it made the apartment rumble a few times! Then the last few days have been freezing or below freezing-no snow for us since we are on the coast though. Thankfully today is going to be in the 50s and by Friday it is 74 degrees again. Good luck with scheduling your next playdate! :)
Post a Comment