Friday, June 26, 2009

The Prison

Just a few of the many photos I took.

External Grounds

The spot where the gallows once stood -- execution by hanging

The Theater... and inside the theater:

... the original gallows
(this was eerie! It is so interesting but I got such an eerie feeling while I was in the theater plus to make the feeling worse, you could hear the cooing of pigeons in the rafters... and then saw one of them sitting on top of the gallows - left side

Inside the Prison

Cell Blocks (above)

Solitary (above)

"The Hole"
-- be careful here... you are given two buckets only when in the 'hole.' One of fresh drinking water and one to do your buisness. It's dark in there, know which bucket is which!

I made it out with a new friend.

2 comments:

fleetfeet said...

Great picts! What prison is that?

The Morceau's said...

It is the 'Old Montana Prison' -- first one in Montana.