Monday, July 24, 2006

Pearl Jam Concert

This last weekend Eric and I headed out to the Gorge at George for the Pearl Jam concert. Niether of us had been to the Gorge before, so it was a treat simply to go. Howver, when we got there, we learned that there are new rules there, and some rules that are inforced and some that are not. A new rule is that there are no blankets allowed in anymore, because of the fear that someone will set them on fire. Also, there are no bottles of water gallon size of bigger allowed, though I think that they should be, they could be use to put out the blanket fires. hahaha
We were not allowed to bring in our camera either... that is what is completely bogas, so we didnt get any shots of the amazing view that the Gorge has to offer... If you have been there, you know what I am talking about... if not, I dont know if I can even come close to the beauty that was bestowed upon us. You have to walk up this concrete hill, between the radio stations and the porta-potties and once at the top of the hill, at the top of a massive grassy knoll... It was the most breath taking view of sureal cliffs diving into the Columbia River far below. Then at sunset, oh WOW, the rays of orange, pink and red light carressing the endless landscape as far as the eye could see.

We did get some photos from my camera phone, but we need to get a cable to transport them. Even if we get them, I dont know how well they will turn out, but I'll try. As for the concert, it was good... Eric and I enjoyed it alot, but the view was SO amazing. :)

Hope everyones summer is going wonderful! And you are staying cool! At least there is a breeze today. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: