... and usually within a week period.
I can say that this is now a true statement... though only one major 'bad' thing happened, the others were mostly just unfortunate.
1. As we all know, I was clocked in the face by one of my JV vaulters a week ago Thursday. Though this hurt, a lot, it was hilarious and I did not end up getting a black eye. It will go down as a funny memory at the end of season banquet.
2. This last Tuesday, on my way to school from early morning practice, 7:15 am to be exact, I was rear ended while sitting at a red light. The girl that hit me was a Senior at some HS and this so happened to be her second accident (her fault too) in the last month. Once we pulled over, I saw my damage, back passenger side fender is now a dimple instead of a corner. Her front end driver side was way more banged up. We exchanged info, of course, and I called work to tell them I would be late. Yes, I did get injured in this very first car accident of mine, not bad though. Just my lower back, which I went to my doctor that night after work. I am to go back next week sometime, but it is getting better, just aches a little and only hurts if I turn.
I am getting rental on Monday for a bit over a week while my car is getting fixed. Yeah that this her insurance is taking care of everything. It is making this very easy. I am just GRATEFUL that Isabelle was sleeping safely at home with daddy.
A side note: It was snowing that morning, and the girl that hit me slide on the ice. NO excuse, I know, slow earlier and leave space, however that was the circumstance.
3. Another unfortunate incident... Thursday (exactly one week later) I 'lost' my car keys. Somehow after I opening my car and getting Isabelle in the car after practice, the keys had disappeared. GONE! WIth the help of one of my varsity girls, her mom and my assitant coach, we search my car for an hour... took everything out, put it back in, came up with possible 'what ifs' that could of happened to the leys, We finally gave up, and I called Eric to come and get me. I waited at the gym, inside with Isabelle for another hour until he got there. Once Eric arrived, to give me my spare key, I got Isabelle back in the car, and we caught a glimpse of something shinny and purple between the seat and the door... my keys. WOW... I am a dork!
The good news was that it was the end of the day, at the end of a very long week, and it ended well. The better news was that Eric just shook his head and laughed.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment