Normally, I would have called you tomorrow about this one, but you in SC so instead I'll write it so EVERYONE can hear. And yes, there will be many run on sentences! :)
Tonight we had our first and only JV meet. JV meet... not varsity... so no high flying. We are one touching on vault... already did the warm-ups... getting ready for the judge.., and here comes one of our new handspringers, who can do this, however one hand slipped on the board a tiny bit, which meant, I guess, that she chose to not keep her body tight, in a straight line, and she clocked me with a beautiful left hook... literally spinning me to the ground. Of course it happened soooo fast that I don't remember seeing her fist come at me... though I tried to duck, I didn't succeed. My glasses went flying off and broke (luckily I packed my contacts... don't know why, but glad I did) and I came up laughing SO hard that I was crying. There were a couple of "ooohs" and "oh mys" that I heard from near by girls, the judge and the audience, of course. But know one I knew video taped it... that would be funny to watch... and critique the girl as well... go figure, teachable moment. hahaha
Anyways, I was told to get ice on my eye right away to help stop swelling and the possible bad black eye. Won't that be funny to go to work with a black eye...
There is a larger bump now on my upper cheek and some darkness appearing. However, there will be no pics of this.... well I shouldn't say that, some girls on the team took some pics with my bag of ice and the girl that clocked me... but my eye was just red then... guess I'll have to wait till morning. I do have a MASSIVE headache though and my nose hurts too -
Well, it is 11 pm, I have a bit of a headache still and I have to work tomorrow, good night all!
PS... our JV girls did such a great job, I was impressed by them! AND the girl that knocked me down placed on 5th vault. How funny is that!
2 comments:
I feel so honored! A post that was titled just for me, thanks!
If that happened to anyone else, I would probably worry and say, “Are you OK?!” However, knowing it happened to you tells me that you think it is more funny that worrisome or frustrating. You are the perfect coach when you can laugh about getting clocked in the eye by one of your gymnasts and foresee the need for contacts and glasses in the same night! Keep up the great work-go Bears!
Ouch! Really, no pictures?!!!
Post a Comment