Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life

Life is wonderful
Life is full of the unexpected
Life is busy
Life is an adventure worth taking
Life is fun
Life is crazy full of people, love and happiness
Life is not slowing down for 5 more weeks
Did I say life is wonderful?


It started in November with the massive flooding and great neighbors. Then December gave us a massive amount of snow that kept us stranded for 8 days through the holidays and again great neighbors. The snow melted and we flooded again... for 3 days under water 15 feet from the house, though there was a good current running out to the wetlands, which meant the house would remain safe.

(side note: For those that knew us in our Pacific house... our old house and surrounding neighborhood was all over the news... all under water. We are very grateful that we moved to this house, through all its constant turmoil!!)

Now we are under a blanket of FOG... for days now, the fog is there when I get up at 4am and there when I get home at 5 or 10pm. If there is a glimpse of sun and blue sky... turn around... the FOG is rolling in all eerily (spelling??)

What's next?? hahaha Who knows.

Oh yeah... the wind! How can I forget the howling currently outside. Guess the sound is like second nature now. Wind blowing down the chimney pipe, branches and other things hitting the sides of the house. Luckily, the power is still in tact, unlike Saturday morning at 6am, when (it seemed like forever!) the power flickered on off on off on off for about 3 minutes. Scared us all... well mostly Isabelle. Her monitor likes to have power, otherwise it is all static and the on off scared her. It also scared Eric and I later that day when our computer wouldn't turn on, and instead said 'No operating system' For those that are not computer savvy, that is a VERY bad sentence to read on a computer. It means that for the most part, you have lost everything. Good thing, I have a smart and 'patient' hubby and "Dr. Hubby" was able to fix our computer baby and saved all our files. Phew! We are glad that the surge protector was on and working. That is what saved us.

No comments: