Ok, so every once in a while I have to eat my words and this is one of those times.
For a while now, I have been 'making fun' of older people (those in their 30's like me) and laughing at the younger ones (those of the middle and HS age) of their obsessions with the Twilight book saga. My sister in-law finally (after all 4 books and 2 of the movies have come out) got to me, and gave me the first two books, Twilight and New Moon, to read (now that I have all this time on my hands with an almost 3 year old and an infant). Karen came over last Wednesday with both books, over 1000 pages combined. So that night, I started in, after Isabelle went to bed, reading Twilight in the twilight... between the late night and last feedings of William. Yup, there it was... I was hooked. It was a nice, super easy read... that is what got me hooked first, honestly. Just one simply story line, following Bella the heroine. The first night I surprisingly read 150 pages. I don't do that...
Anyways, I read Thursday night, skipped Friday (went out drinking and dancing with some other momma's for a momma's night out - but that is a whole other story of ridiculous fun) and then finished the book Saturday. Then Sunday night and last night, I read New Moon (which was longer then Twilight). You ask how?? I am still asking that... I do not know why (or how) I can stay up all night long, literally, and read these books. But they are written in a way that makes you wanting to keep reading. I am a bit tired today, of course. Funny thing is, Karen invited me over tonight to watch the first 2 movies... of course I said yes. Though in all honesty, I think I will be disappointed, since movies never do the books justice. But she will be giving me the other 2 books tonight too, so that I don't go into 'withdrawls' hehehe
Where to begin on the parts of the story so far that intrigued me the most??? Most people (girls mainly) are into the love stories that are playing out and tho that is a good chunk of the book, I rather liked the 'chase.' Adrenaline rushes capture me to the fullest and stay with me for days when I think back on them and then oddly enough they go into my dreams too. (yes, I am wierd that way ... those that know me love me). I do also like the newer theories about vampires and werewolves that contradict the 'real' myths and legends that are out there.
I have been asked too, which 'team' am I on? The Edward (vampire) team or the Jacob (werewolf) team? My stalk answer is ' I must read the other two books to make my decision,' and I am always greeted with grunts with that answer. In all honesty though, I see myself as Bella, the heroine, somewhat confused yet knowing exactly what I want and can't see any way of getting it. A Risk Taker... someone that pushes the boundaries, of logic and nature, full of willfulness. Now of course maybe after reading the last two books that will change. Or maybe I will stay on her 'team' always wanting both, what I have and what I can't have. :J
Either way, the point of this little confession is that the series is good and that I would highly recommend it to anyone; boy or girl, romantic or sinic, you catch my drift. I got hooked!
Here's to movie night!
No comments:
Post a Comment