Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

The long weekend was nice! Well, the part of it that Eric was home for 4 days was nice. The part that the monsoon type weather never let up, not so nice... all our plans of doing things around the house, well more out in the yard, (like lawn mowing) did not happen.

We know I am attempting to build a sandbox for the kids, and I am so close… but due to the rain mainly (and the fact that I don’t like circular saws and have to wait for hubby to cut some wood), but again, mainly the rain, it is taking forever!!! It will be a very cool sandbox and a unique one too, when it is done. No kid will have one like it. Originally to be a 8x8, it is now closer to a 9x9 but no side is the same length. ;) The dimensions are off, on all accounts, however it is level. Really all that is left to do is make–shift a massive cover for it and then dump in the sand and then play. Like I said… so close. Good thing I did not go into construction of any sort. hahaha I did spend some hours out there working on it, even in the rain... but... maybe next weekend it will get done and then I will post some pics of it.

Isabelle had another first this weekend... hmmm... Pics will come of this too. I did not bring my camera with me to the BBQ we went to, since it was raining... I didn't think I would 'need' it. Well, I really should have. Good thing my friend had hers!!! While being safe and wearing a very large helmet, Isabelle went on her first motorcycle ride. It was just around our friend's property and of course our friend Mark went with her... drove the bike really and she just held on. :) She had a BLAST! It was on one of those little bikes that I guess you can put training wheels on (another friend so generously pointed out).

It was a good weekend.

And it is still raining...

No comments: