So, an update to those that read this on how we are:
Eric, still working at MS... until Sept, when he is going to take a month of paternity leave when I go back to work.
Isabelle is growing like a weed, and she completely exhausts me... not phyiscally, but mentally, since she is non-stop chatter. Gotta love it and all that she comes up with, her mind simply amazes me!!! I will have to really start writing down all the things she comes up with... hopefully I can find the energy to keep up. She will be starting preschool in the fall, a couple days a week.
William is long and 3 months old... he is smiling a TON and he has started to chuckle a bit here and there.
Me... well, I am currently still stay at home till Sept, when I go back to teaching in Tahoma ... still 8th science... but there is a change. I will be going back full time!! I have waited for this opportunity for 3 years and am excited to accept the offer. I am also super busy with all the photography... word of mouth is working!! YAY! The down side is that I am too nice, weak, something, and none of what I have done, am I getting paid for, all favors. I am chalking it up to experience.
Last weekend, I had four (4) sessions... a graduation / party on Fri night; a bridal shower sat; then Sunday an action session where I photographer moving bikes (both pedal and motor) and then went to a family portrait session that same afternoon. Hopefully Eric will be updating the website soon. I keep saying that, for months now, and it still has yet to happen. hmmmm
It is bedtime, but I must print the Father's Day photos super quick first. Sorry, cant post those here yet... it will ruin the surprise. Good Night
2 comments:
Congrats on the job! I know you love teaching, and you love teaching 8th grade science-so it seems like fate is telling you to go back to work fulltime!! Enjoy!
As for working for free... Laura!?! Stop doing that! You are too nice, and those people are taking advantage of you and hopefully feel a little bad. I would assume it would be hard to turn around and ask those people or friends of those people to pay in the future. So start asking for a tiny sum of money, so in the future when you charge your normal amount it isn't looked at as you being rude (which you wouldn't be rude, but people are weird when it comes to money.) Good luck, and glad you are getting the experience-hope it starts "paying" off soon! :)
You should mention to your clients that while the photo sessions are free, gratuity for your work and effort is custom practice in the industry in the amount of 10 - 20% of what the actual photo session would have cost with a professional. I wouldn't be afraid to lean forward on this one and just come out and tell them, as the word of mouth that you're getting is only as good as the cash it brings in. If you get known for being a free-bee, you'll be considered amateur and hobbyist and will find it more and more difficult to make the transition.
Congrats; Paulo D.
Post a Comment