Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Where do I Begin??

Hahaha... Spring break has been so busy, but a lot has gotten done. (of course none of it school work - which I shoudl do some of before this break ends... but I do have WASL time to get caught up). The backyard is the biggest success! And Isabelle helped with her new rake and shovel. Mostly she just ran around on nice flat ground. But we are now level, tilled, raked (and I mean we raked the entire back yard, about an acre or so) and then picked up all the lines that were raked. We raked twice too. Had to get all the rocks, sticks, plastic, trash, washers, nails, rope, glass and whatever else there was out there. Yes, there is probably way more out there, so bare foot will never be an option... but playing and running is so SO close!

All we need now is that rain that predicted... the dark clouds mean that it is coming! So here's hoping that the rain comes in tonight (we don't want the birds eatting all the grass seed that we spread. (We meaning my neighbor mostly and me - when Isabelle was napping. You will see me in one photo later picking up the lines). "They" are prediciting snow too... Nooo!

Can you believe it... finally a back yard to play in!

Here are some before pics to remind you what we had to start with:

So all prior photos are from last July, last summer, of 2008. Yes, do the math, we have had a dirt back yard for almost a year. At least it was flat.

The following photos are from the last 3 days... :)
It is hard to see, but there are some lines there; kinda near the wheelbarrows.
In case you didn't see me... Do you see the stump on the left middle... just to the right and up a tad there is a black dot (wheelbarrow) and a green dot (me); then there is the shed and goat pen. Yes... all that was raked twice then picked up. Oh, there is more that I couldnt' get in the photo too... would need a panoramic lens for that.

Me... Leaping for joy... Actually, leaping cuz I can, knowing there are no holes to fall in. :)

Ta-DA

Now Rain! And Grow!!!

No comments: